5/06/2011

Monkey Princess and Other Animals

Along our Cambodian adventures, we met some hairy and scaly friends.

My favourite was the wee darling at Angkor Wat. Sitting under an entrance way, this monkey posed this way and that to accomodate all the cameras pointed at it. We soon discovered that I was a long lost monkey princess because as soon as I sat down, the monkey came over and put his/her hand on my lap. We stayed like that for a while. I was mainly motionless for fear that the monkey would no longer find me as a comfy companion. As another vistor approached us, the monkey screeched and darted at the poor girl. The shrieks were enough for me so I bid a fond adieu to my dear Angkorian guardian.

Monkey friend holding my lap

While enjoying a lunch break at Angkor Thom, Nevil watched a troop of monkeys seal an eggplant from a market stall and scamper of to devour every last morsel of the purple vegetable. The alpha monkey was a fierce fellow with fangs 2 inches long hanging from both sides of his mouth. We watched the group fight over the eggplat, climb onto motorcycles and hang from trees. One of them tried to grab at my purse as I was stooped down taking photos. I stood up just in time but it admantly stalked me! The monkey followed me as I followed him/her until we ended up walking in circles for a while.

Lunch break at Angkor Thom

We met scaly friends in downtown Siem Reap where you can get a fish massage. Many stores have giant fish tanks or pools with hundreds of fish swimming about. They nip at your dead skin when you put your foot/hand into the tank. Mr. Germaphobe Nevil thought it was very unhygienic to put your feet into the same water as everyone else but I thought it was totally cool.

Fancy a fish massage?

This man guaranteed no piranhas


No comments: